Monday, May 22, 2017

Better Replication when running both InnoDB and MyRocks (or other Storage-Engines)

Kristian Nielsen is working on a new feature for MariaDB 10.3 and he published very interesting results.  This feature is MDEV-12179: Per-engine mysql.gtid_slave_pos tables.  He writes about replicating twice as fast in the worst case when using two storage engines (InnoDB and MariaRocks in his tests, but could also be InnoDB and TokuDB or TokuDB and MyRocks).  I will let you read all the details on his blog about Improving replication with multiple storage engines.

Why am I posting this here ?  Mostly because I want to share with you that:
  • I am also involved in this project,
  • I am working closely with Kristian on this feature,
  • and that Booking.com is financing Kristian's time on this development.
If you are also interested in this, feel free to comment in the JIRA MDEV, to leave a comment below, or on Kristian's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment